Favouring a fast-forward (clockwise) rotating shift pattern that involves only 1−3 consecutive night shifts, and avoiding short (< 11 hours) shift intervals such as a morning shift following an evening shift. These arrangements promote recovery between work shifts and good work-flow among shift workers.
Providing employees the possibility for:
- flexible working hours
- remote work
- adapting work schedules, for example by
- working 9-hour days Monday through Friday and only 4 hours on Friday
- reducing or giving up working evening and night shifts
- reducing weekend work
- reducing or giving up intercontinental travelling
- avoiding over 40-hour-long work weeks
- adjusting personal workload to meet physical and mental resources
- reduced working hours when life situation requires it
Arranging employees a possibility to rest during long work shifts.